Jianing Zhang Ph.D.
Jianing Zhang got his B.Sc. and M.Sc. in chemistry from Jilin University, earned his Ph.D. in pharmaceutical sciences (biochemistry) from Kyoto University, Japan in 1994, and received his postdoctoral training in the field of glycobiology at the Burnham Institute for Medical Research in San Diego, USA from 2000 to 2001. After working as associate professor and professor in Dalian Medical University for 17 years, he was appointed as Dean of School of Life Science and Medicine in Dalian University of Technology since Aug. 2013.
Glycobiology:Using genetic, glycomic and molecular biology approaches, Zhang’s lab aims to dissect the molecular and cellular mechanisms of carbohydrate-dependent tumor metastasis, with special attention to the roles of O-Glycan in breast cancer and Core-Fucosylation in Hepatocellular carcinoma.
Current Major Research Funding
1. The effect of glycan on tumor cell behaviors, 1/1/2012-8/31/2016, Grant of National Program on Key Basic Research Project (973 Program) (NO. 2012CB822103) to Dr. Jianing Zhang
2. The role of Caveolin-1 in Fut8 gene expression via Wnt/Beta-catenin signal pathway in Hepatocellular carcinoma, 1/1/2012-12/31/2015, Grant from National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) (NO. 31170774) to Dr. Jianing Zhang
(#Co-first author，*Corresponding author)
1) Padhiar AA, Fan J, Tang Y, Yu J, Wang S, Liu L, Niang B, Annani-Akollor ME,Wang L, Wang Q,Zhang J*. Upregulated β1-6 branch N-glycan marks early gliomagenesis but exhibited biphasic expression in the progression of astrocytic glioma. Am J Cancer Res. 2015 Feb 15;5(3):1101-16.
2) Li W*, Yu R, Ma B, Yang Y, Jiao X, Liu Y, Cao H, Dong W, Liu L, Ma K, Fukuda T,Liu Q, Ma T, Wang Z, Gu J,Zhang J,Taniguchi N. Core fucosylation of IgG B cell receptor is required for antigen recognition and antibody production. J Immunol. 2015 Mar 15;194(6):2596-606.
3) Ma H, Zhou H, Song X, Shi S,Zhang J,Jia L*. Modification of sialylation is associated with multidrug resistance in human acute myeloid leukemia. Oncogene.2015 Feb 5;34(6):726-40.
4) Guo Y, Li S, Qu J, Ye L, Wang S, Fan J, Wang Q,Zhang J*. Let-7c inhibits metastatic ability of mouse hepatocarcinoma cells via targeting mannoside acetylglucosaminyltransferase 4 isoenzyme A. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2014 Aug;53:1-8.
5) Zhao Y, Li Y, Ma H, Dong W, Zhou H, Song X,Zhang J,Jia L*. Modification of sialylation mediates the invasive properties and chemosensitivity of human hepatocellular carcinoma. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2014 Feb;13(2):520-36.
6) Zhou H, Ma H, Wei W, Ji D, Song X, Sun J,Zhang J*, Jia L*. B4GALT family mediates the multidrug resistance of human leukemia cells by regulating the hedgehog pathway and the expression of p-glycoprotein and multidrug resistance-associated protein 1. Cell Death Dis. 2013 Jun 6;4:e654.
7) Yu S, Fan J, Liu L, Zhang L, Wang S*,Zhang J*.Caveolin-1 up-regulates integrin α2,6-sialylation to promote integrin α5β1-dependent hepatocarcinoma cell adhesion. FEBS Lett. 2013 Mar 18;587(6):782-7.
8) Ye L, Li S, Ye D*, Yang D, Yue F, Guo Y, Chen X, Chen F,Zhang J*, Song X*. Livin expression may be regulated by miR-198 in human prostate cancer cell lines. Eur J Cancer. 2013 Feb;49(3):734-40.
9) Zuo Y, Wei W, Liu C, Zhao L, Wang L,Zhang J*.Silencing L-selectin expression by siRNA attenuated metastasis of murine lymphoid neoplasm cell P388D1 to peripheral lymph nodes. Leukemia. 2007 Jan;21(1):180-3.
10) Jia L, Wang S, Zhou H, Cao J, Hu Y,Zhang J*.Caveolin-1 up-regulates CD147 glycosylation and the invasive capability of murine hepatocarcinoma cell lines. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2006;38(9):1584-93.